[nycbug-talk] thoughts, issues, and ideas.

Marc Spitzer mspitzer
Mon Jan 24 12:50:25 EST 2005

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 12:30:46 -0500, Isaac Levy <ike at lesmuug.org> wrote:
> Hi Steve, All,
>

> If I'm getting this right, it sounds like there's a level of
> communication/support on (especially) the sunmanagers list that you'd
> like to see happen somewhere with the *BSD's?  Have you not found this
> yet on other various BSD tech lists?

one other thing here the bsds are different enough that a general
heavy technical list would be a bit of a mess at best, for example:

user: I need to add some accounts, about 200 in bulk
expert: use the pw command and a small shell/awk script to set it up
user: whats pw?
expert: man pw
user: its not there
expert: what OS are you running
user: bsd
expert: what kind of bsd
user: oh there are different, cd says openbsd
expert: you are right pw is not in openbsd, you really should use
freebsd for this stuff
user: you think so?
expert2: openbsd is great and freebsd is lacking X,Y,Z use useradd( or
is it adduser i forget(this is me not expert2))

this will happen unless we had a moderator, and I would feel sorry for
whoever took the job.

marc