[nycbug-talk] soho router options (soekris?)

Charles Sprickman spork
Wed Jan 26 13:02:12 EST 2005

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005, Marc Spitzer wrote:

> Since things have quited down here, let me pour gas on the coals:
>
> We should use NetBSD for the OS and not OpenBSD and here is why:

That's an interesting idea...  My best guess is that this list is mainly
freebsd users with a sprinkling of openbsd users and just about no NetBSD
users.  That's kind of sad considering the number of NYC folks on the Net
team...  Anyhow it sounds very interesting.  I've been meaning to play
with NetBSD again (haven't used it since 0.9).

Any NetBSD folks here?

Anyone want to give a quick market-speak rundown on XEN?  I know you need
a specific OS port to make it work, but I'm unsure if a Linux "host" is
required or not and what kind of resource allocation control the host OS
has over the guests.

I'm all for your idea.  I'd rather learn NetBSD than some distro-du-jour.

Charles