[nycbug-talk] usb to serial(db9) device, any recomendations

Isaac Levy ike
Wed Mar 1 13:23:40 EST 2006

Hi All,

On Mar 1, 2006, at 1:17 PM, michael wrote:

> On Wed, 1 Mar 2006 13:05:08 -0500
> "Marc Spitzer" <mspitzer at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> hello all,
>>
>> I currently have a belkin and it does not do things like pass the
>> break, aka stop-a, code.  This can be a problem.  Does anyone out
>> there have any recomendations for a usb to db9 device? I only
>> need/want 1 port, its to console into sun boxes from my laptop at
>> work.
>>
>> marc
>>

> I got a multiport, so I can't recommend a single port.  I bought my
> USB-to-Serial from USBGear.com  (http://usbgear.com/USB-
> Serial.html)  They have lots of choices

Not sure if these are good for your laptop, but to ensure
compatability when using Apple/Mac gear (along with other platforms),
I can recommend these:

Keyspan USA-19HS
http://www.keyspan.com/products/usb/USA19HS/

Works for me.