[nycbug-talk] Apple Intel Servers?

pete wright nomadlogic
Thu Mar 2 16:57:05 EST 2006

On 3/2/06, Jonathan Vanasco <nycbug-list at 2xlp.com> wrote:

> I'd wait to see what happens on r2 and r3 models
>
> The intel apple stuff scares me -- whenever apple launches something
> new, all of the r1 products have a host of hardware issues that
> really should have been caught in QA
>
> By r2/r3, most of the issues should be resolved, and they often have
> a shift in their ideology in terms of what hardware/software will be
> free , and what gets tossed into open source
>
> its a real common pattern with them

really?  I've had good luck with v1 xserv's and G5 powermac's.  There
where some issues with G4 powerbook's, but those problems where due to
Samsung LCD defects.  Maybe someone who has gotten thier hands on some
of the intel/mac gear can confirm the hardware problems.  I'd hate to
spread more FUD regarding this crossover ;)

-pete