[nycbug-talk] Apple Intel Servers?

Brad Schonhorst bschonhorst
Fri Mar 3 09:48:28 EST 2006

On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 17:19 -0500, Mikel King <mikel.king at ocsny.com> wrote:
> I have a client that has a few intel Macs, so far so good. But on the
> flipside I have experienced some rather unusual out of the box failures
> during the last 6 months. Seemed like Apple was rushing equipment out the
> door relying on post support to pickup the slack.

It seems their hardware issues are not limited only to gen 1 products.
 I just had to have logic boards replaced on 5 eMacs, all purchased in
August 2004.  I was lucky  enough to convince the engineers they
shipped faulty hardware and get the repairs covered w/out warranty
though, so cheers to apple for clean up their mess.

I suppose its not just apple, I recently had a dell server hard drive
go bad after a month of use.

So my question is, if I am planning to purchase an xserve or two in
the near future, do I get a g5 model or wait for the intels, which
will probably mean waiting for the 2nd version of the intels...