[nycbug-talk] Soekris net 4801 - power failure

Jonathan Vanasco nycbug-list
Fri Mar 3 17:41:39 EST 2006

For ~ $10 at most drugstores, kmart, radioshack you can pick up a
configrable power adapter

it has a 2 switches - one for polarity, one for voltage, and comes
with a bunch of connectors

they're not designed for longterm use, but they're really good to
troubleshoot stuff like this.   all power adapters have their
polarity and voltage on the convertor.  usually its on a sticker, but
sometimes they're bastards and have it as part f the mold.  i usually
just do a pencil rubbing with a piece of paper on the box to pull the
voltage.

anyways, if things don't pan out w/ike, they're a good thing to have
around.