[nycbug-talk] NetBSD Opteron SMP support

pete wright nomadlogic
Tue Mar 7 13:17:42 EST 2006

Hey All,
Quick question regarding Opteron SMP support on netbsd 3.x.  I am
currently working with some IBM blades (IBM LS20's) and am hoping to
have several running Xen.  I'd ideally like to have Net run as the
dom0 instance, then spawn our custom linux build's from this guy.  I
have not run Net on any SMP machines lately, so how has the
support/performance been for you all?  I'd ideally like each domain to
be isolated to one core/cpu on the blade - so I don't think I need the
fine grain locking ala Free's SMPng.

thanks,
pete

--