[nycbug-talk] NYCBUG dmesg database partly broken

Fabian Keil freebsd-listen
Wed Mar 8 10:04:57 EST 2006

I failed several times to guess the contact form's pass phrase right,
therefore I'm trying my luck here.

About a month ago I submitted FreeBSD's dmesg output on a
ThinkPad R51, a few weeks ago Anonym.OS's dmesg output
on the same system.

When I tried to get the first dmesg output to copy the
ThinkPad version string (UN0K6GE) I noticed that dmesgd
displays the wrong dmesg output:

http://www.nycbug.org/?NAV=dmesgd;f_dmesg=;f_bsd=;f_nick=;f_descr=;dmesgid=1012#1012

The dmesg output begins with:
"Copyright (c) 1992-2005 The FreeBSD Project.where dmesgid=1026;"

Interestingly dmesgid 1026 doesn't appear on the dmesg list at all,
there is a gap between dmesgid 1027 and dmesgid 1024.

I didn't verify it, but it looks as if all queries for dmesgids
below 1028 get the same result.

Another problem is that the website injects broken HTML
into the dmesg output:

ACPI APIC Table: <a m="" i="" oemapic="">
ioapic0 <version 1.1=""> irqs 0-23 on motherboard
npx0: [FAST]
npx0: <math processor=""> on motherboard
npx0: INT 16 interface
acpi0: Power Button (fixed)

"<" characters often aren't escaped and even if valid HTML doesn't seem
to be of any concern
(http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nycbug.org%2F),
this leads to missing information as the browser treats parts of
the output as unknown HTML tags which aren't displayed.

Fabian
--
http://www.fabiankeil.de/