[nycbug-talk] FreeBSD Funding

Jonathan Vanasco nycbug-list at 2xlp.com
Fri Mar 31 16:46:53 EST 2006

On Mar 31, 2006, at 3:12 PM, Charles Sprickman wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I tried submitting this to BSDNews, but the "add story" page is
> broken,
> and I couldn't find any contact info on the site.  If any BSDNews
> folks
> are lurking, here's the info...
>
> Colin's request:  http://people.freebsd.org/~cperciva/funding.html

On the link, there's this:

"""

10. Are donations tax-deductible?

I'm not a tax lawyer, but my basic understanding is as follows:
I'm not a charity, so you can't claim these donations as a charitable
donation.
Legally speaking, this is contract work, so companies can claim any
donations they make as business expenses. I will issue invoices upon
request.
"""

Is there not a facility within FreeBSD where people can donate to a
specific sponsorship/whatever through a proxy non-profit so that
donations are charitable?