[nycbug-talk] Safety Expansion for FreeBSD rm(1)

Marc Spitzer mspitzer at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 00:59:20 EDT 2007

This reminds me of a story I heard about crashes with a newer, safer,
better airliner were higher then the older plane it was replacing.
The problem was that on the new model the autopilot would work until
about 30 min from landing and the old model was 60+ min from landing.
This extra time let the pilots get their shit together mentally much
better for that interesting time in the flight when the plain is
almost on the ground.  The fix was to turn off the autopilot earlier
on the new airliner so the pilots could dial in better.  The point of
this is that the SA needs to dial in as well.  Also he/she needs to
not develop bad habits on a system that supports them, especially when
you learn them on the home box and then take them to work where
~/.rmrc is just not an option.

marc
--
Freedom is nothing but a chance to be better.
Albert Camus