[nycbug-talk] Breakout sessions at NYCBSDCon

Brian Cully bcully at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 19:24:02 EDT 2008

Honestly, for most people and purposes PCRE should be fine. Cover
backtracking, greed, and references and you've hit why regexp is useful.

-bjc

On Jun 4, 2008, at 19:05, "Ray Lai" <nycbug at cyth.net> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 6:56 PM, Okan Demirmen <okan at demirmen.com>
> wrote:
>> On Sun 2008.06.01 at 19:28 -0400, Steven Kreuzer wrote:
>>> Greetings-
>>>
>>> In case you are not aware, we have been working with the BSD
>>> Certification team
>>> to give an exam at the conference in October.
>>>
>>> We will have a classroom at the conference that will be used to
>>> hold breakout
>>> sessions to help let people brush up on some of the
>>> topics that will be covered on the exam.
>>>
>>> We are currently looking for individuals who can give 30 minute
>>> refresher
>>> courses on the following topics:
>>>
>>> 1. Subnetting
>>> 2. tar/pax/cpio
>>> 3. Regular Expressions
>>> 4. pf (however, the exam is more on recognition than hands on)
>>> 5. Permissions (octal, symbolic, chmod, umask, etc.)
>>> 6. Basic Unix tasks (cron jobs, symbolic links, simple sh scripts,
>>> etc)