[nycbug-talk] OT: SVN problem

Hans Zaunere lists at zaunere.com
Wed Oct 7 17:32:45 EDT 2009

Hi,

> I'm having a really hard time figuring out an SVN problem that should be
> so simple.  I've been pulling my hair out and thought maybe someone on the
> list would know.
>
> oak$ svn copy trunk branches/stable
> A         branches/stable
> oak$ svn copy trunk branches/live
> A         branches/live
> oak$ svn ci -m "recreated stable and live branch"
> Adding         branches/live
> Sending        branches/live/htdocs/static/js/global.js
> Adding         branches/stable
> Sending        branches/stable/htdocs/static/js/global.js
> Transmitting file data ..
> Committed revision 120.

While it might be annoying, it's probably not really doing anything bad.
Best way to confirm is to check out the new branch and then just diff the
old file and new file...

> Why is this thing singling out global.js?  These directories are brand new
> - it's doing it even if I do branches/hahahatesting123.

Could be something like line ending munging or some other type of munge?

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.4/svn.advanced.props.file-portability.html