[nycbug-talk] A NYCBUG OpenBSD Mirror

Brian Callahan korszca at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 15:13:36 EST 2011

Hello talk@,

Those of you who attended the last NYCBUG meeting, George mentioned starting
an OpenBSD mirror. I have volunteered to start that mirror. I need your help
though getting the mirror up and started. What I am looking for is a 1u or
2u server, preferably with rails, that can use SATA or SAS drives. The
server should be a Pentium 4 or better. I am also looking for SATA and/or
SAS drives to populate the mirror. Do not feel that you need to donate
everything, I will take chassis and drives seperately.

Our goal is to have the mirror accessable via http, ftp, and anoncvs at the
minimum. We are also looking to use the mirror as an archive of OpenBSD
releases.

If you can help in any way, please send me an email off-list.

Thank you,

~Brian