[nycbug-talk] OT: Juniper or Cisco Switches?

Jesse Callaway bonsaime at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 05:00:52 EST 2011

Its true. Nothing special is needed for this setup aside from host
configuration. We were using d-links (sic) for this same setup at my old
job. Worked great. Only go for the high end gear if you need high throughput
and l3 protcols.
Try it out with $20 switches first. Its nice to have a safety net, so the
guy I worked for decided to run lacp on the switches to suppress loops.

On Feb 19, 2011 5:19 PM, <nylug at sky-haven.net> wrote:

On 02/18/2011 20:08, Francisco Reyes wrote:

> Ideally I would like to connect 2 cards to 2 switche...
If you want to have, say, one server with more than 1 NIC, with each NIC
connecting to a port on separate switches yet participating in the same
broadcast domain (e.g. same MAC for both connections), this can be done w/o
any special switch support using lagg failover.