[nycbug-talk] GCS

George Rosamond george at ceetonetechnology.com
Tue Mar 22 07:50:32 EDT 2011

This is a bit of an unusual post, but I think it's appropriate since
lots of people on this list use them. . .

GCS/Lee is closing shop soon.  They were a low-cost grey-box hardware
vendor that lots of us used on 37th street.

They were always helpful, quick to reply and dead-honest.

I know many many people used them on this list for boxes, last-minute
hardware parts, etc., on a regular basis.

I have known and utilized them since they fax spammed my job in 1995,
the year they opened.  In 1995, fax spamming wasn't so intrusive or
common ;)

GCS sponsored NYCBSDCon 2010, but in normal Lee fashion, he was more
concerned with giving us sponsorship money than having any presence.

They will be sorely missed by lots of us.