[nycbug-talk] NYCBSDCon organizing meeting

George Rosamond george at ceetonetechnology.com
Thu Sep 5 22:49:30 EDT 2013

So we're holding the organizing meeting on Monday, September 9.

(for those not on announce@, please subscribe.)

The quick spiel is this:

Monday, September 9
7 PM
Suspenders backroom
111 Broadway

NYCBSDCon organizing meeting

We will discuss a new direction for organizing NYCBSDCon.  Instead of
attempting biannual two day conferences, we are looking at doing
day-long events focused on a particular theme.

Our first target date is February 1, 2014.  The conference theme will be
"The BSDs in Userland" looking at practical applications of the BSDs in
production environments.

We encourage everyone to get involved in the organizing effort.  Whether
you've been involved before, or it's your first time, there will be
roles for everyone to play.

*****

There are a number of informal discussions going on outside of talk@
about the focus on the conference and how to angle the presentations.

It is a vital discussion to have and to hammer out.  Our events matter
in the context of both the BSD projects, not to mention within the
larger technical community in New York.