[nycbug-talk] Elliptic Curve Backdoor? [was] RSA/DSA for encryption: has it's time come?

Brian Coca briancoca+nycbug at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 08:20:00 EDT 2013

I was surprised when the elliptical curve crypto started to be adopted as
many have fought against it for years, specially the NSA.  For a while I
thought it was both ignorance and 'anti-DJB sentiment', now it seems they
were just waiting to get a shoe into breaking it.

I suspect the same thing happened with dnscurve (fixes dnssec's big
vulnerability on the initial request), but I don't expect adoption to now
soar.