[talk] $1m donation to FreeBSD

Pete Wright pete at nomadlogic.org
Tue Nov 18 10:43:18 EST 2014

On 11/18/14 6:03 AM, George Rosamond wrote:
> Just as we're finally wrapping up the February con money and donating a
> whopping $1109.25 to each of the four BSD projects, we are outdone.
>
> The founder of WhatsApp donated $1m to the FreeBSD Foundation.
>
> https://freebsdfoundation.blogspot.com/2014/11/freebsd-foundation-announces-generous.html

his facebook post explaining his reasoning for the donation is pretty
good too i think - for those lucky enough to not have a facebook account
it boils down to this quote:

"We’ll all benefit if FreeBSD can continue to give people the same
opportunity it gave me – if it can lift more immigrant kids out of
poverty, and help more startups build something successful, and even
transformative."

-pete

--
Pete Wright