[talk] FreeBSD U-Boot uEnv.txt examples

Brian Reynolds nycbug-talk at reynolds.users.panix.com
Thu Jul 28 00:35:25 EDT 2016

In preparation for the installfest I'm experimenting with different
set ups for FreeBSD on Raspberry Pi.

I'm looking for examples of the uEnv.txt file, or documentation for
using it with FreeBSD.  In particular I want to boot the Raspberry Pi
from an external USB drive.

I've installed the u-boot-rpi and uboot-mkimage packages from the
FreeBSD amd64 package repository hoping to find FreeBSD specific
documentation included, but there wasn't any in those packages.

If you've gotten a Raspberry Pi to boot FreeBSD from an external USB
hard drive (using the SD card only to hold the U-Boot files in the FAT
partition), I'd like to see your configuration files.

ubldr (FreeBSD loader(8) built as a U-Boot application) documentation
and configuration examples would also be welcome.

--
Brian Reynolds                   | "It's just like flying a spaceship.
reynolds at panix.com               |  You push some buttons and see