[talk] Notes from this month's talk

Thomas Levine _ at thomaslevine.com
Fri May 6 10:28:51 EDT 2016

Hi,

Here are notes on Urchin and on testing shell programs.
https://thomaslevine.com/!/unix-style-tests/
https://thomaslevine.com/!/shell-testing/

I built them into slides for the talk.
https://thomaslevine.com/!/unix-style-tests/slides.html
https://thomaslevine.com/!/shell-testing/slides.html

Here's a picture of me standing in front of a BSD sign in Sofia, Bulgaria.
https://thomaslevine.com/lib/2015-06-07-bsd.jpg

I demonstrated Urchin on this silly test suite.
http://tlevine.sdf.org/urchin/dir?ci=0ff4eca997aad383&name=example

You can download Urchin here.
http://tlevine.sdf.org/urchin/

Note that I mostly discussed the present unstable trunk version of
Urchin; go here documentation of the present release.
http://tlevine.sdf.org/urchin/artifact/c89ccfd84a2b3e85
http://tlevine.sdf.org/urchin/artifact/aaf84e84900065fb
http://tlevine.sdf.org/urchin/wiki?name=v0.1.0

In case anyone plays with it enough to have commentary, I am
presently considering whether the timeout feature (-T) is necessary and
whether there's a better approach for testing on multiple operating
systems (-r).

Tom