[talk] FreeBSD drm-next now available on 11-STABLE

Scott Robbins scottro11 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 18 20:08:59 EST 2018

On Sun, Feb 18, 2018 at 05:00:38PM -0800, Pete Wright wrote:

> > I note that the Makefile, which used to say it wouldn't work with 11.x now
> > only says it won't work with 10.x. I don't know if pkg is working, with
> > CURRENT, I usually needed the port and also needed to have /usr/src
> > populated.
> >

> i've been using the upstream pkg's on CURRENT w/o issue for a couple months
> now - as long as i keep my world/userland reasonably up to date things just
> work.  if i test 11-STABLE i'll def only use pkg's as i think that will be
> closer to what general user expectations are.
>
> AFAICT there are no plans to support 10.x at this point.

Well, I'm selfish, so that's alright with me. :) Any laptop I have would be
running 11.x if not CURRENT.  Like you, I'll try in a few days. It will be
nice if it works from pkg too--at one point, it worked for me in CURRENT
with pkg, but after November? I think, I always had to use ports.

Thanks again.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6