[Tor-BSD] Recognizing Randomness Exhaustion

Libertas libertas at mykolab.com
Wed Dec 31 19:42:03 EST 2014

Thanks for this!

I should have also specified that I didn't just go ahead and enable them
because I wasn't sure if they're considered safe. I like abiding by
OpenBSD's crypto best practices when possible.

Is there any reason why they're disabled by default?

On another note, I was skeptical about this being the cause because even
OpenBSD Tor relays using only <=12% of their CPU capacity have the
characteristic underperformance. Unless there's a latency issue caused
by this, I feel like it's probably something else.

On another note, I'm looking into system call statistics and other ways
to find the problem here. I'm very new to this, so suggestions on tools
and techniques are appreciated.