Trying Trusted Tor Traceroutes

nano nanotek at bsdbox.co
Thu Jan 30 10:00:07 EST 2014

On 31/01/2014 1:14 AM, George Rosamond wrote:
> Brian Callahan:
>> On 1/30/2014 7:05 AM, nano wrote:
>>> Just wondering if any *BSD relay operators participated in the TTTT
>>> project [*]?
>>>
>>> [*] http://web.engr.illinois.edu/~das17/tor-traceroute_v1.html
>>>

>> NYCBUG1 participated in this.
>
> The relays I deal with (including NYCBUG0) didn't.
>
> There some stuff in the archives about it for this list.  I know Pete did.
>
> Not that it's rocket science, but it would be nice to post the posix
> shell version for others somewhere on a www site, as opposed to the
> regular linuxism bash.
>
> Anything interesting about it nano?  Did you?

Hi, George. Only thing I've found interesting is the seemingly small
fraction of relay operators participating. There was a scoreboard
available (0), but the numbers weren't inspiring.

I just received permission from my VPS provider, but seem to be unable
to run it.

I ran it as per the default instructions: downloaded the archive (1);
extracted it; installed scamper from ports; setuid root scamper (2); and
ran the script (3), but:

% ./traceroutes.sh &
[1] 17007
./traceroutes.sh: Command not found.

Thereafter, any command (top, ps, fg et alia) returns:
[1]  + Exit 1                        ./traceroutes.sh

Brian, was there any tweaking required to run it on BSD?

(0) 128.174.241.211:443/relay_scoreboard
(1)
https://web.engr.illinois.edu/~das17/traceroute-from-tor-relays-4493e7c21199.tar.bz2
(2) chmod 4755 /usr/local/bin/scamper
(3) ./traceroutes.sh &