[Tor-BSD] Having issues forcing Tor release 0.2.6.9 to build with update libssl.so.32.0 library

Seth list at sysfu.com
Tue Jun 30 16:02:28 EDT 2015

On Tue, 30 Jun 2015 11:44:41 -0700, teor <teor2345 at gmail.com> wrote:
> But hang on, I've been assuming you're using bash. The default shell on
> OpenBSD is (pd)ksh, so this may affect the syntax for setting and
> exporting environmental variables.
>
> Whether you're using bash or not, can you please retry the following
> steps with explicit environmental variable assignments on the
> ./configure command-line. (This might also have affected whether your
> previous LDFLAGS setting was used by ./configure, but LDFLAGS shouldn't
> be needed.)

Yes, the system is using the default OpenBSD shell.

$ echo $SHELL
/bin/ksh

Not sure how setting environmental variables 'explicitly' differs from
what I've been doing. As far as I am aware if you want to set a variable
on the command line you just plug it in before the command e.g.
'VARIABLE=value123 somecommand'

Maybe you are referring to the use of CFLAGS and LDFLAGS to specify
library paths instead of ./configure script options?

> I really need to see the exact linker command-line to diagnose this
> issue. (Or, more likely, to log the issue and refer it to our
> OpenSSL/LibreSSL experts via the Tor Trac system.)
>
> Can you please send me the results of a verbose build (more precisely, a
> verbose link) with your system compiler/linker?

Would that be something like

$ cd /usr/local/src/tor   # change into latest tor source pull from git
$ sudo -s
# PATH=/usr/local/bin:$PATH ./configure --with-openssl-dir=/usr/local
--disable-asciidoc CC="/usr/bin/gcc -v"
# make check | tee verbose-make-output.log