[Tor-BSD] warnings on a freeBSB exit

teor teor2345 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 19:31:12 EST 2016

> On 5 Dec. 2016, at 11:10, pa011 <pa011 at web.de> wrote:
>
> Dec 04 19:16:12.000 [notice] Now checking whether ORPort x.x.x.x:9001 and DirPort x.x.x.x:9030 are reachable... (this may take up to 20 minutes
>
>> (Please don't redact the addresses. It makes it really hard to help you.
>> We need to know if they are the same or different.)

When you send us your logs, are you replacing your relay IP address
with "x.x.x.x"?

Please don't, it makes it really hard to help you.
(And the address will be public as soon as you get your relay working.)

If you must hide them, please tell us if they are different or the same.

>> You could also try setting the Address torrc option to the IPv4 address
>> of the VPS,
> sorry - what and how please ?

Add this line to your torrc:

Address x.x.x.x

Where x.x.x.x is the IPv4 address of your VPS.

Tim Wilson-Brown (teor)

teor2345 at gmail dot com
ricochet:ekmygaiu4rzgsk6n
xmpp: teor at torproject dot org