[Tor-BSD] TB 7.0.2 on OpenBSD -current and more

George Rosamond george at ceetonetechnology.com
Wed Aug 2 14:08:00 EDT 2017

Greetings all.

The list has been quiet, but there's a lot of TDP activity that we can
start bringing to here.

First, TB 7.0.2 is in the OpenBSD ports/packages for -current. There are
some quirks that need to be dealt with (bookmarks toolbar, eg), but it
seems to have survived the move to clang as the default C compiler. We
are working on getting a backport of TB into -stable and will host/sign
the packages ourselves.

Feedback welcome.

Our new JSON-based stats gives some insight as to what may account for
underutilization of BSD relays and bridges: the lack of obfs4 proxy ports.

Our statistics tool is nice and Unixy.. .it should be portable and is
pretty flexible.

https://github.com/torbsd/tdp-onion-stats

We almost have both the FreeBSD and OpenBSD obfs4 ports ready for
testing, and we really will need feedback.  Since it's in go, on OpenBSD
at least, ${GO_ARCHS} doesn't include armv7.