[Tor-BSD] FreeBSD 11.2-on-raspberry-pi-2b-hangs-after-random-unblocking-device

Vinícius Zavam egypcio at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 12:48:49 EDT 2018

On Sat, Jul 28, 2018, 02:24 Paul <pa011 at web.de> wrote:

> Sorry, if somebody thinks I am doubling up - maybe I started in the wrong
> list?
>

> On 07/27/2018 08:30 AM, Paul wrote:
> > I was testing FreeBSD
> https://download.freebsd.org/ftp/releases/ISO-IMAGES/11.2/FreeBSD-11.2-RELEASE-arm-armv6-RPI2.img.xz
> a couple of days ago on a Raspberry2.
> >
> > It started a few times, but then out of the blue it came up with a
> freezing problem as described here:
> https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/freebsd-11-1-on-raspberry-pi-2b-hangs-after-random-unblocking-device.63521/
> >
> > I couldn't solve that either an gave up for the time being with FreeBSD
> on Rasp2, but would give another try if somebody here has a solution.
> >
> > Paul

hi Paul,

did you use this very same hardware before without any issue, right? - I'm
not blaming the hw. just double checking :-)

you said that it booted some times though; so, which services were running?
do you have any extra logs? how about swap and partitions sizing? - btw,
I'm not 100% sure, but the beaglebones had an issue booting FreeBSD from
some SD cards; do anyone else here knows if raspberries are also affected?
(U-Boot related?)

have you tried to run any other freebsd version on it? like...
https://download.freebsd.org/ftp/snapshots/arm/armv6/ISO-IMAGES/11.2/

Maybe try the talk at lists.nycbug.org list?

> > Am 26.07.2018 um 10:06 schrieb nusenu:
> >>

> >> C. L. Martinez:

Hmmm... no words from my side regarding the above comment about OpenBSD