[Tor-BSD] FreeBSD and Libressl from the ports

Felix zwiebel at quantentunnel.de
Sun Oct 25 17:53:26 EDT 2020

Hi everybody

This is for those who run FreeBSD and Libressl from the ports.

Because of the issue [0] we can not compile from source. Maybe you can
use Libressl from the base system or you overwrite the security/libressl
or security/libressl-devel port with an older version like 3.2.0 and
compile from there.
(Uhh, you can go with Openssl until the fix is in place)

Please find the ports files in [1].

Libressl 3.2.0 works with Tor 4.4.x like a charme.
Libressl 3.2.1 and 3.2.2 cause an issue with some Tor auths.
Libressl 3.2.2 is/was devel and sits as well in non-devel, so we can not
switch back this time :( .

[0] https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/core/tor/-/issues/40128
[1] https://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/security/libressl/

--