[Tor-BSD] Tor 'run a bridge' campaign

Shawn Webb shawn.webb at hardenedbsd.org
Mon Nov 29 09:21:16 EST 2021

On Mon, Nov 29, 2021 at 09:08:20AM -0500, George Rosamond wrote:
> Greetings.
>
> For anyone not aware....
>

> https://blog.torproject.org/run-a-bridge-campaign/
>
> Good time to get more BSD bridges up and running.

I have an interesting scenario:

I'd love to run a bridge on my home residential connection, but I have
a dynamic IPv4 address, which is discouraged for running Tor bridges.

However, I use Hurricane Electric's TunnelBroker service to gain a
static IPv6 allocation. I've set up TunnelBroker's dyndns service so
if my IPv4 address ever changes, the TunnelBroker side of things is
updated within a few seconds at most.

So, this brings the question: in this environment, would it be okay to
run an IPv6-only bridge, where there is potential for multi-second
hiccups (I've never had my IPv4 address change, though, so the risk of
hiccup is low, but still present)?

What are all your thoughts?

Thanks,

--