[announce] NYC*BUG colocation migration

NYC*BUG Announcements announce at lists.nycbug.org
Thu Dec 2 13:11:51 EST 2021

As many people know, NYC*BUG hosts all its services in a New York
Internet cabinet at 100 William.

ie, we are not a cloud-based entity using "other people's computers."

On Saturday morning 202112041400 UTC... that cabinet will migrate to the
NYI facility at 60 Hudson. Yes, that 60 Hudson.

That means that a bunch of things won't be up during transit, including:

* nycbug.org web site
* nycbsdcon.org web site
* dmesgd.nycbug.org web site
* a bunch of mailing lists, including some for other *BSD user groups
* the perl smoketest box
* some Tor-related hardware
* ftp4.usa.openbsd.org
* bsd.lv
* the NYC*BUG mirror box at https://mirrors.nycbug.org/pub/

Never fear... we'll be back up soon enough.

Feel free to forward this message on to others who should be aware.

Thanks