[announce] NYC*BUG Oct 2: EuroBSDCon Recap/BSD Fund

NYC*BUG Announcements announce at lists.nycbug.org
Sun Sep 29 15:20:04 EDT 2024

EuroBSDCon Recap/*BSD Fund info session, Patrick McEvoy

2024-10-02 @ 18:45 EDT (22:45 UTC) - NYU Tandon Engineering Building
(new), 370 Jay St, 7th Floor kitchen area, Brooklyn (directly across Jay
St from National Grid office). Closest subway exits in order are Jay St
- MetroTech Station (A, C, R, & F Trains) Borough Hall (4 & 5 Trains).
RSVP: Those ethier considering or wishing to attend, a guest list is
required by the venue.

Please RVSP to rsvp at lists dot nycbug dot org no later than noon
localtime, day-of; an acknowledgement will be sent and the email address
will be used solely for the purpose of attendance to this meeting's venue.

Remote participation: Plans are to stream via NYC*BUG website. Q&A will
be via IRC on libera.chat channel #nycbug - please preface your
questions with '[Q]'.

EuroBSDCon Recap/*BSD Fund info session

During this talk, I will cover: - hardware we saw at EuroBSDCon, - the
hallway track - general community involvement post-pandemic growth. -
The NYC*BUG cabinet at NYI video repository

Because the community has been donating funds for hardware, I also
thought this would be a good time to cover how these funds are being
spent. We are shooting for the best bang for our Buck/Euro while growing
a reliable suite of hardware to use for community benefit and reduced
training time for volunteers.

Patrick McEvoy (BSDTV) has been streaming NYC*BSDCons since 2010 and
BSDCan since they lost their entire videoteam in a last minute staffing
emergency. He has been active with NYC*BUG for a number of years and
streams other tech / *BUG events when the schedule allows and releases
these videos on conference YouTube and Peertube under a number of
different umbrellas.