[CDBUG-talk] Welcome everyone

Jonathan Franks jfranks214 at taconic.net
Fri Dec 17 10:14:44 EST 2004

**Ahem**
Okay here goes...

Thanks, George, for so quickly supporting this effort. I also want to extend my thanks to NYC*BUG as a whole for being so receptive, and willing to assist me in this adventure.

Okay then, I just wanted say that I'm very excited about the birth of CD*BUG. I've started sending out birth announcements, as it were, and I'm looking forward to hearing from interested people.

The CD*BUG is pretty new right now (a matter of hours) so we have a lot of work to do. I'm going to just kind of run with this and see where it ends up, but should anyone wish to help out in any way please let me know.

Over the next few days I'll be strategizing. I'll try to find an appropriate meeting place (suggestions welcome), and come up with some initial tasks. Right now, however, the first order of business is spreading the word.

Thanks, everyone, see you soon.

Jonathan