[CDBUG-talk] Meeting plans

Garance A Drosihn drosih at rpi.edu
Wed Dec 29 10:42:12 EST 2004

At 5:52 PM -0500 12/28/04, Jesse Kempf wrote:
>On Dec 28, 2004, at 5:12 PM, Jonathan Franks wrote:
>
>>So what I'd like to know is this:
>>
>>1. What day(s) of the week would be best for everyone?
>>2. What type of location (or specific location if you like)
>>    is preferred?
>>
>>My criteria (which are not set in stone) are that the location
>>should be free, and reasonably centrally located. [...]
>
>I know that I'm not the only person affiliated with RPI who is a
>member of the list, and I've prodded a few of my friends at RPI
>to get them to join. Based on this, and the fact that getting
>off-campus is less-than-convenient for many RPI students, perhaps
>holding meetings on RPI's campus would be possible.

Well, we could also rotate the meetings among a few different
locations, once we get the user's group going.  One "plus" for
RPI is we'd have network access, and that might be useful.

Two minuses is that we're not very central for the capital
district, and that parking around here can be a headache when
the fall and spring semesters are in session.  I'm in another
capital-district group (uNYuug == upper NY unix users group),
and for many months they asked me about having a meeting on
the RPI campus.  I finally set one up for one of their monthly
meetings, and since then they've never asked to come back!

And I think we could avoid any complaints from Jesse by having
the meetings be at the Krispy Kreme place in Latham!    :-)

Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   gad at gilead.netel.rpi.edu
Senior Systems Programmer           or  gad at freebsd.org
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute    or  drosih at rpi.edu