[CDBUG-talk] OT - Xeon retention clips?

Toll, Eric etoll at vipstructures.com
Fri Jul 8 14:37:12 EDT 2005

> Hey all, someone just gave me an older SGI dual Xeon
board...
> and two processors. Does anyone know where I can find
> retention clips for these? I thought it might make a nice
> little home server if I threw some of the other hardware I

> have on to it.

I hope you have some RAM with that board, does it take
ECC/Registered only?
The board sounds like its EATX (Extended ATX)  If you need a
case I really like the Antec Titan 550 Case, and would
recommend it. (EATX with 550W p/s)
As far as the retention clips I'm not sure - sorry.

If those are "emt64" xeons, check out the hammer version of
BSD...

Good Luck
Eric