[CDBUG-talk] SAN disk systems?

Steve Moon steve.moon at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 13:03:45 EDT 2005

I'm evaluating several SAN "solutions" -- about 6-7TB, Fibre Channel and/or
iSCSI, primarily FC, primary app would be big SQL database servers.

Can anyone offer insights? NetApp seems pretty nice, StorageTek has a
_really_ zippy unit we're testing, EMC sales people seem to be jerks and I'm
not thrilled with their architecture in the CX500/700 with their datamovers,
etc. LeftHand and Equallogic are both nice but iSCSI only and I'm not sure
how they would work with a production workload.

Any thoughts/comments appreciated.

Thanks!
Steve-