[CDBUG-talk] September Meeting, Venue change

Patrick Muldoon doon at inoc.net
Wed Sep 13 20:17:17 EDT 2006

On Sep 13, 2006, at 7:55 PM, Jonathan Franks wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> It's been a while since our last meeting. I've been extremely busy
> of late with the return of the students, but things are calming
> down now and I've had a chance to begin thinking about this months
> meeting. I've spoken a bit with Patrick off list and it looks like
> we have what sounds like an excellent meeting spot. I'll let him
> fill in the details.

As for meeting spot. I have talked it over with my boss and we can
use our (INOC's) conference room for our meetings.  Right now it is a
little sparse, but do have a decent table and chairs, and being an
ISP I am pretty sure I can scrounge up some internet connectivity. I
also have access to a whiteboard that we can use.     Our new office
is at 80 State St (The corner of State St and Pearl St, not far from
the Pepsi Arena. Or as us caffeine addicts would be better
acquainted  with Diagonal from the Starbucks.  We are on the 7th
floor on the State Street Side of the building.  The building is
locked after 5PM and on weekends, so everybody will need to sign in
upon arrival.  Also there is no parking in the small lot behind the
building (off Norton St), but parking is normally not an issue
downtown (unless of course there is a big concert or other event).

> My question for the group is whether we prefer to continue with
> Sunday evenings. I know that early on some of you had indicated
> that Sundays were just not a good time, though initially it did
> seem to be the day that most people were free. Given the
> opportunity we have here, I'd like to get some feedback from all of
> you as to your feelings on the subject, and which, if any, evenings
> would be better for you.
>
> Having said this, I'll hold off on setting a date pending your
> replies. As for me, later in the week tends to be better for me,
> but I can work around just about anything.

The majority of my nights are fairly open, the Sunday meetings tended
to be a bit hard for me sometimes as I live 45 minutes from Latham
and by sunday I just didn't have the energy to drive all the way back
in.

If you have any questions just let me know,

-Patrick

--
Patrick Muldoon
Network/Software Engineer

State-of-the-art: What we could do with enough money.