[CDBUG-talk] [CDBUG] NVidia Driver

Chuck Atkins chuck.atkins at kitware.com
Mon Jan 5 13:33:01 EST 2009

I'm having an interesting issue w/ my laptop that perhaps you folks could
help me with.  I have a Dell D630 w/ 4GB of RAM and an NVidia Quadro NVS
135M w/ 128M memory.  When I try to use the nvidia-driver w/ 8-CURRENT (I
have to use 8-CURRENT for the iwn driver), the system freezes and reboots.
 If I remove one of the 2GB sticks so there is only 2GB of RAM, everything
works great.  So, my question then is this:  Are there any parameters I can
pass to the kernel at boot time to allow the system to operate with a lesser
ammount of RAM than is actually available in order to allow the driver to
work correctly?  Perhaps I could limit FBSD to only 3.5GB?