[CDBUG-talk] Free SSL?

Patrick Muldoon doon at labratsoftware.com
Wed Nov 19 07:18:55 EST 2014

> On Nov 19, 2014, at 7:08 AM, Jaime <jaime at snowmoon.com> wrote:
>
> Another thought just came to me.  Given recent vulnerabilities in SSL, I thought of TLS support.  I haven't researched TLS for HTTPS yet.  Does it also require a certificate with a third party, or can it be used more like SSH?  In other words, is there a way to encrypt traffic to your website without having to buy a cert or have end users deal with a warning?

While it is called SSL, the majority of your Connections are actually running over TLS (normally this is negotiated between client and server), and they still use the certs. so you either pay for someone that already has their cert trusted by the software you are using to connect. or you get your users to install your cert..

-Patrick