[CDBUG-talk] [talk] OpenBSD 5.6 group buy?

Brian Callahan bcallah at devio.us
Tue Sep 30 14:42:30 EDT 2014

On 09/30/14 14:37, George Rosamond wrote:
> Brian Callahan wrote:
>> Hi folks --
>>
>> So OpenBSD 5.6 preorders are now up!
>> http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-cvs&m=141209477503670&w=2
>>
>> Unlike previous releases (and as mentioned previously) Austin is no
>> longer handling the merchandise. Now a new openbsdstore.com (run by the
>> OpenBSD Europe people in the UK) is doing it. This will mean higher
>> shipping prices for us Americans (just did a shipping quote from them...
>> over $10 just for one CD).
>>
>> Do we want to go in on a group buy for stuff? I can coordinate from up
>> here in Troy or someone can take up the banner in NYC. I'm also throwing
>> this out there for the Americans in devio.us
> Good idea Brian.  We should do this regularly.
>
> We should figure out how to coordinate though... could be a bit
> difficult with two different locations.
>
> Maybe one designated person per city/UG?

So I've somewhat taken up the mantle for nationwide at the moment.
If there's enough NYC interest in and of itself, I'm sure it would be
fine to do a breakoff order for NYC.

My thinking was get everything to Troy, then ship by small USPS flat
rate box to people outside of Troy. Capital District people are welcome
to get it from me directly (at a CDBUG meeting? :D See how I did that? :) )

~Brian