[CDBUG-talk] OpenVPN with NAT (fwd)

freebsd at fongaboo.com freebsd at fongaboo.com
Mon Feb 23 18:27:51 EST 2015

OK I think I discovered one rookie move... While I enabled the gateway
interface in /etc/rc.conf, this whole time when I was initiating natd, I
was forgetting -n, so I wasn't actually specifying a WAN interface during
all these tests.

I've corrected that, but still no cigar. I connected my client machine and
gateway redirection is activated. I ran tcpdump on tun0 on the server.
Then on the client I try to browse to my colo's IP address with lynx  and
this is what I get:

18:22:41.956903 IP 10.8.0.10.61548 > helix.wtfayla.net.http: Flags [S], seq 103149988, win 65535, options [mss 1368,nop,wscale 6,sackOK,TS val 237585708 ecr 0], length 0

Lynx ultimately fails. Not sure what to get out of that tcpdump output.
And is it only half the picture? Do I have to dump/grep the WAN interface
somehow too?

Danke!