[CDBUG-talk] CDBUG January Meeting!

Steve Moon steve.moon at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 23:31:37 EST 2015

Just a thought -- the Perl Mongers have a meeting scheduled for January 26.
We've "invited" Jeff Thalhammer (creator of Perl::Critic) to give a
presentation, which he will do remotely. I realize Perl and BSD are not the
same, but perhaps we could combine the meetings this month since I suspect
there is a fair amount of overlap in interests...

>From Pat Cronin:
Jeff Thalhammer will be presenting a talk at our upcoming meeting on January
26th. The abstract for his talk:

Perl::Critic is a static analyzer that can instantly find
bugs, reveal inconsistencies, and enforce best practices
in your code. Perl::Critic is a cheap and effective tool for
dramatically improving code quality. In this seminar, you
will learn how to:

* Use Perl::Critic in several different scenarios
* Convince your teammates to use Perl::Critic
* Find the right configuration for your team
* Write your own custom rules for Perl::Critic

I've reserved the large meeting room (the "Multipurpose room") at the East
Greenbush library for this talk to make room for more people than our usual
meetings. I haven't worked out an exact time for Jeff's talk yet, but it'll
probably be 6:30 or 7PM. Please consider inviting any CS student groups or
colleagues you think might be interested. Or, if you know some groups but
don't want to contact them, please let me know of their existence, and I'll
reach out! I think we're quite lucky to have Jeff "speak" at our meeting,
and I'd like to maximize the benefit this area can get from it.