[CDBUG-talk] CDBUG January Meeting!

Steve Moon steve.moon at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 18:15:25 EST 2015

> Why not both? Certainly Perl and *BSD have some overlap and there was
> recently a really well done NYC*BUG meeting on regexp (essentially a regexp
> crash course).
> http://www.nycbug.org/index.cgi?action=event&do=view&id=10341#10341
> And yes, these are absolutely the kinds of meetings that would be
> appropriate for CDBUG. However...
>
> ...this list is not the appropriate place to post meetings for other
> groups.
>
> I fully believe you had the best intentions. But it opens the door to this
> list no longer serving its intended purpose.
>
> ~Brian

Both is obviously the default -- that's why there are two separate groups.
As no clear agenda has been put forward for a meeting this month I was
merely making a good-faith suggestion that we *could* coordinate with
another groups meeting and swell the ranks of the 4-5 strong Perl meeting
with the 5-10(?) strong BSD group, possibly make some new acquaintances,
and who knows, evangelize BSD a bit too. With some planning ahead of time
it could be a joint meeting of interest to all.

Or not.