[CDBUG-talk] Upcoming and Announcements

Brian Callahan bcallah at devio.us
Fri Jan 29 23:52:28 EST 2016

Hi team --

I've been really bad communicating lately. And we've been slacking on
meetings. No more!
By vote, we've decided to meet on the THIRD TUESDAY OF EVERY MONTH. Note
the change!

Looking for speakers: if you want to give a talk, send something to the
group. Everyone has something interesting to talk about. It would be
great to have several talks lined up so that we can advertise CDBUG far
and wide. On that note: I will take the June slot. I'll be giving a talk
at NYC*BUG in July about some new *BSD work I've been doing, the two
smallest BSDs: RetroBSD and LiteBSD. I'd like to give that talk first at
CDBUG.

Announcements:
* AsiaBSDcon registration opens on February 1, which is this Monday. I
encourage everyone to look at the conference schedule once it's posted.
You might even recognize a name or two on it :-)
* BSDCan registration tentatively opens on March 26. This is the biggest
*BSD conference that is easily accessible to us. I go to this one, you
should too. It's a great week. It would be great to get a group of CDBUG
people up there this year.

~Brian