[FrontRangeBUG] January Meetup

Trent Thompson trentnthompson at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 23:46:56 EST 2019

My handwriting is "less than optimal" but attached is a picture of the
white board from this month's meeting.

Some other notes I took:
Meeting formats: Food/intros, high level talk, low level talk (depending on
audience?), alternate workshops and talks month to month?

Workshop ideas: FreeBSD laptop (hardware/pkg installs, Deb/Roller),
intermediate FreeBSD sysadmin workshop (portable hypervisor, users bring
own laptop, Roller, Trent?, kidna-I mean "borrow" Michael Lucas?), hardware
driver development?

Next meeting(s): RISC-V talk? (Trent finds an academic human?) Rust on
FreeBSD talk? (Alan)

Colorado/Front Range BSD Con? Network with COBUG, possibly schedule around
FreeBSD Dev Summit or OpenBSD hackathon.

Video Archival of talks? (I can provide recording equipment, ask Alan Jude
about hosting, and find consent forms)

System76 "installathon": I'll get in touch with System76 to see if they
would like to help with an install fest at their Denver facilities or
Boulder. They also do a bit of in house OS development, I think it would be
cool to hear from them on that.