[jobs] Job Opportunity:US-NY-NYC: Software Version Control Engineer (Financial Firm)
tom.morgan at pencom.com
Wed Jan 17 13:47:43 EST 2007
The development team of a major financial institution is seeking a very
capable engineer to take a lead in maintaining and improving the
operation and scaling of an existing installation of the firm wide
version control system, and also future deployments of similar systems.
This is a highly visible role with very high impact on all development
at the firm. It involves highly skilled engineering, contact with
customers as well as maintaining relationships with vendors.
- Very strong Linux engineering skills, Windows also very desireable
- Strong knowledge of administration and management of applications in a
production environment (monitoring, failover) is a must
- Detailed knowledge of at least one version control system
- High level of proficiency in at least one scripting language (perl,
ksh or similar, python)
- Deep knowledge of operating systems is a requirement.
- Must work well with people and should be able to multi-task in a highly
dynamic environment. The ability to manage projects and prioritize work
items is a must.
- Good communication skills are essential.
- Understanding of Windows and Solaris operating systems
- Familiarity with managed runtimes (.Net and Java) and web application
deployment and engineering
- Database knowledge
- Familiarity with and undestanding of SDLC and tools
SALARY: OPEN, Annual
Pencom Systems Incorporated
40 Fulton St
New York, NY 10038
email: tom.morgan at pencom.com
Visit http://www.wallstreettechjobs.com for complete listing
of software and systems engineering jobs offered by major financial
institutions in NYC's Wall Street area.
Pencom Systems Incorporated has over 30 years of experience
recruiting the most talented high-technology professionals for
the best companies in the world. We have worked with a
distinguished client base ranging from Fortune 500 corporations
to the hottest high-technology companies. With headquarters in
New York, Pencom also has offices in all major North American
technology corridors. For more information, please visit our
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR eNEWSLETTER
To keep up to date with exciting new job opportunities, job
market trends, and industry news, we'd like to invite you to
subscribe to our mailing list. Send an email to:
Majordomo at pencom.com, with this text in the mail message body:
More information about the jobs