[jobs] IDS Analyst needed, Midtown East NYC
josh at rivels.org
Thu Nov 5 11:46:04 EST 2009
We're looking for an IDS Analyst in Midtown East NYC. Contact me off
list and I'll get you the details. It's not *BSD specific (We don't
really use any *BSD here) but solid UNIX and networking skills are
Here's the basic job description:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist with maintaining the security of our networks.
- Proactively identify technology gaps and develop and implement appropriate
- Proactively ensure that the IDS infrastructure is operating optimally.
- Work closely and develop relationships with other groups within the company
- Create formal guidelines, policies and procedures related to ensuring the
smooth and error-free operations of the IDS infrastructure.
- Create and maintain clear and accurate documentation.
- Ensure network and processes conform to approved standards.
- Use internal ticketing systems to document work done.
- Stay familiar with relevant current and future technologies and trends.
- Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science degree & 5 years of
progressively responsible experience within the realm of systems
administration / engineering or network administration / engineering
- Strong knowledge of UNIX
- Strong knowledge of large corporate networks
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and the 7 layer OSI model
- Understanding of application and network vulnerabilities and exploits
- Ability to script in at least one scripting language
- Ability to analyze network packet captures
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong experience with enterprise-wide IDS deployments
More information about the jobs