[jobs] Linux System Administrator position
brent at hotlinuxjobs.com
Fri May 21 10:58:25 EDT 2010
HotLinuxJobs, a technical recruitment company that specializes in the
placement of Linux/Open Source professionals, is looking for a Linux
System Administrator for an organization in New York City.
Listed below are some of the skills that they are looking for the right
person to possess. If you are interested, please send an updated resume
to info at hotlinuxjobs.com . Thanks for your interest.
* Primary systems administrator and IT support for all office
* Administer desktop machines, development systems, file storage
(NFS/SMB), user management (LDAP/Kerberos), and network.
* Assist team members in general troubleshooting, software installation,
and support (Windows, Mac, and Linux clients)
* Automate and maintain scheduled backups of important office and
* Maintain private Debian repository for local software builds.
* Work as part of a small Operations team to maintain our production
infrastructure and systems
* Ability to be on call and work quickly under pressure to diagnose and
resolve systems-related issues in our production site
* Desire to learn about and understand a complex, scalable, heterogenous
production system with many moving parts.
* Help to automate and streamline deployment, monitoring, and
maintenance tasks for a production environment with multiple racks of
* Must be excited to strive towards our goal of 5-nines reliability.
* Strong experience with Linux system administration (Debian/Ubuntu
* Some experience with Windows and MacOS X administration.
* Experience developing or administering scalable applications on a LAMP
stack in a multi-server environment.
* Ability to script administration tasks in sh, perl, ruby, or python.
* Strong desire to learn and explore new technologies quickly and
* Ability to work as part of a small team in a fast paced environment,
responsibly managing and prioritizing many tasks at once.
* Love of problem solving
* General understanding of networking technologies (e.g. VPN)
Brent Marinaccio, SPHR
Director of Open Source Recruiting
More information about the jobs