[jobs] Senior Network engineer
nikolai at fetissov.org
Sun Mar 25 13:26:18 EDT 2012
My employer is looking for a good network engineer. Bellow is the job req.
Feel free to ask me directly or just send your CV to jobs at wfdcareers.com.
World Financial Desk
Senior Network Engineer
We are a cutting edge, high-frequency trading (HFT) firm and global market
maker headquartered in New York City. We live by technology, and
continuous optimization of our systems, strategies, and workflow is our
primary objective. We offer a very competitive salary and benefits, as
well as an engaging, fun, and focused work environment in the heart of
Greenwich Village. We take pride in the collaborative nature of the firm
and we seek driven and analytically agile individuals.
The Network Engineer will be responsible for management of the network
infrastructure: architecture, configuration, monitoring, maintenance, etc.
The candidate will join a team that is focused on platform-wide systems
management of our high frequency/low latency framework. Some road time and
scheduled off-hours service for upgrades and maintenance will be required.
*** Note: The WFD footprint includes a presence in multiple exchanges
across the U.S. and abroad. ***
- 3+ years of Linux network engineering experience, i.e. designing
networks based on tested and best practice architecture.
- Strong understanding of L2/L3 network topologies and routing protocols
- Experience in production critical 24/7 environments with rotating support
- Familiarity with network redundancy and firewalls
- Juniper systems experience preferred; Cisco experience is acceptable
- Solid scripting and programming skills; experience with automating
- Some systems engineering/administration experience
- Experience with KVM virtualization, LDAP, Kerberos, BGP and MPLS
knowledge, SAN/NAS technologies a major plus
- Data center experience (network connectivity, fiber, copper etc.) is
preferred but not strictly necessary
- Bachelors degree in engineering, computer science, or a technical field
We are committed to finding the right people for the job. If you have the
skills and the desire to be part of a winning team, and you are a US
citizen or green card holder, please submit a resume with a CONCISE
mission statement in your email to jobs at wfdcareers.com
More information about the jobs