[Semibug] X distortion on FreeBSD 13.0

Jonathan Drews jondrews at fastmail.com
Fri Sep 17 15:43:34 EDT 2021

Hi Guys & Gals:

 Got the "Absolute FreeBSD" book and installed FreeBSD 13.0 last
night. Everything went fine untill I installed and ran X, in my user
account. My apps are horizontally stretched. Xclock is pulled into an
ellipse. I ran:

# Xorg -configure

and then

# X -config /root/xorg.conf.new

and X wouldn't run. I decided to look for the existing xorg.conf and
did:

# find / -type f -name "xorg.conf" -print

and nothing came back! I then looked in

/usr/local/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/

and it was empty! How can X run without an xorg.conf?

X runs OK except for the distortion. The only error I get upon
terminating TWM is:

waiting for X server to shut dwon xterm: fatal IO error 35 (Resource
temporarily unavailable) or KillClient on X Server ":0"

xinit: unexpected signal 2

Any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong here?

--
Kind regards,
Jonathan