[Semibug] Update to FreeBSD 11 Alpha

Michael W. Lucas mwlucas at michaelwlucas.com
Tue Feb 15 10:23:40 EST 2022

11 is well past EOL. I doubt freebsd-update still supports
it. Building world will take... quite a while.

I recommend reinstall.

On Tue, Feb 15, 2022 at 10:09:47AM -0500, Carl T. Miller wrote:
>    For the last several years I've been happily running dns on a
>    Raspberry Pi with FreeBSD 11.  I thought it was odd that I
>    rarely if ever saw updates when running pkg update.  But
>    since it ran without errors I thought all was well.
>    Until a few days ago, when I started seeing this message:
>    [1]http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/FreeBSD:11:armv6/latest/meta.txz: Not Found
>    [2]http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/FreeBSD:11:armv6/latest/packagesite.txz: Not
>    Found
>    Repository FreeBSD cannot be opened. 'pkg update' required
>    That's when I realized I was running an Alpha version, FreeBSD
>    11.0-ALPHA5.  So my question is, can I update this to version
>    12 or 13, or do I need to wipe and reinstall?
>
> References
>
>    1. http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/FreeBSD:11:armv6/latest/meta.txz
>    2. http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/FreeBSD:11:armv6/latest/packagesite.txz

Michael W. Lucas 	https://mwl.io/
author of: Absolute OpenBSD, SSH Mastery, git commit murder,
 Absolute FreeBSD, Immortal Clay, Prohibition Orcs, etc, etc, etc...
### New books: TLS Mastery, the Networknomicon, $ git sync murder ###